Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oc-toe-bur

Oh my sweet first graders. The title of this post is how some believed October was spelled. I love innocent spelling mistakes. 


When asked what season it was, our class was in a whirlwind debate on whether it was fall or autumn. I tried to explain that, yes, there are two names for the season we are in... but for some of them - THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. It is then that I discovered that kids rarely grow out of the developmental stage of asking "why" constantly. And you know what? I don't know why. I don't know where the word autumn came from. But, just for you, and my why-asking students... here it is. 


Autumn is a French-related word that means, of course, the changing into the fall season. It replaced the word "harvest" for the season because harvest was a term used for more agricultural times. As cities began to develop, the word harvest lost its meaning and we started to use autumn. BAM. You can thank me later if you, yourself, never grew out of the "why" stage and wanted to know where autumn came from. 


In honor of autumn, here is a section on cute boots. Currently, boots have been on my "autumn" wish list. Eat your heart out. For those of you that can, purchase. For those of you like me, slobber.



Alexander McQueen was absolutely innovative. These shoes are no different.


Guiseppe Zanotti leopard mid-calf boots -- no, not practical. But in the world of lusting over expensive boots, throw practical out of the window. This is not a "practical little black dress post." 


I think in order to have your own taste in clothes, you must own one item that people may hate/love. There is no in between. I, for one, LOVE these Tory Burch oxford wedges. You, for one, may hate them. That is fine.



Love these Tory Burch military ankle boots. Even though military style is in, I still like my military boot to be feminine. These are perfect. 


And I threw in a sparkly Marc Jacobs bag that is a beauty. 

All of this seen at Neiman Marcus.

Side Note: God has truly blessed me with wonderful family and friends. Life is so great. But even if it doesn't seem that way, it still is. I have a God who loves me no matter what. And get this! He doesn't even care if I ever own Tory Burch boots. Have a blessed day. 




1 comment:

  1. miss you.
    I need your fashion advice on some pants... look at my blog. be honest.

    ReplyDelete