Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Grief, Charlie Brown

Hello sweet readers. 


I don't know how many of you out there are like me, but if you are, you will enjoy this post.


I don't discriminate on holidays. Sure, I love Christmas above them all. However, when it comes to holidays, I think they should all be celebrated. In fact, tomorrow is Columbus Day. Did you know that? And, although I never celebrate it, I think we should all get off of work. Considering that my opinion does not matter in the federal, state, or even local, government; I have decided to celebrate with my temporary first graders. To me, all holidays are there to be celebrated. 


But, I have not posted to write about Columbus Day. Today, I am going to talk about Halloween. Are we too old to dress up? My thoughts are no. It is just so much fun deciding what to be for Halloween. Here is my problem. I am one of those people that always thinks my costume ideas are absolutely wonderful. When the big day comes, I realize that they are not. I'll give you an example.


One year in high school, my best friends and I decided we would be nuns. Oh, we thought we were so hilarious. We went and spent who knows how much money on the costumes and wore them to school the next day. When I got there, my head itched the entire today. Not only that, but I felt bald all day. Real nuns are much classier, have more poise, and are much more dainty than I. And, after looking back at the pictures, an outfit to accentuate the teenage pimples on my face was not the best idea. Fail. But I still love my friends to this day. 


One of my favorite things about Halloween is seeing all of the awesome movies that come on. Hocus Pocus, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, etc., etc., etc. Another, is seeing pumpkins on porches of people all over town. 


DISCLAIMER: I do not like seeing pumpkins smashed in the streets. Teenagers for years have been doing this, and I have decided that I think teens are unoriginal. Every holiday, there is something else that they believe is "funny" that they do, and we all expect it. Teenagers, stay out of trouble. Carve a pumpkin like the rest of us and leave mine on my front porch for once. Thank you. (Do I sound old? Too bad.) 


Here are some cute/funny/amazing pumpkin designs I have seen thus far. Enjoy. 




In case you cannot tell, this entire house is covered in pumpkins. If this doesn't creep you out...


I love it.



Artsy pumpkins.


If you smashed these pumpkins in front of my house, you would be sorry.


Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment