Happy 33rd Week to Hallie! As I look back, I have to say that the pregnancy has really flown by. It has not always been great, never been comfortable, and pushed my limits to how physically tough I am... But I would never take back the blessing of our sweet girl that we get to see in 7 short weeks or less. For her, I will go through any pain or lack of sleep! :)
There are so many things I look forward to. If I were going to talk to you all about the sentimental things, I would talk about seeing Hallie's face, holding her in my arms, watching JJ be the best daddy ever, and raising our girl to grow up knowing the real Father who brought her to us. But today, I am not going to do that... I have come up with a list for your enjoyment of the little things in life that I will appreciate that I might not have appreciated before.
Here is my list of things I look forward to -- in no particular order -- enjoy!
1. Real Clothes that don't have seams. ties, or waistbands to compensate for a large belly
2. To see my toes when I look down... please don't judge the appearance of my non-pedicured toes. I can think of something the Easter bunny can bring me... Are you reading, Jage?? :) (yes, we give each other Easter Baskets)
3. To reach for things I drop in the car and actually be able to pick them up
4. To sleep in my BED!!!!! This has been a big one. Because of some things that have gone on while being pregnant, the only place I have been able to sleep is our recliner. My husband sleeps on the couch next to me. I can honestly say that I, without a DOUBT, have the best husband ever. Sorry.
5. To walk up stairs and not feel like I ran 2 marathons, 4 entire track meets, and pulled a truck
6. Dr. Pepper... ANYTIME I WANT... with no guilt. (Notice I said with no guilt, because I have definitely given in a few (lots) of times)
7. WARNING: If you are grossed out easily do not read. Number 7 is to go through a night and not have to use the restroom 3 (or 30) times.... I mean, there is nothing I won't appreciate more than a working bladder. Too much information?
8. Cinnamon Dolce Lattes with Soy... I miss them so much I'll probably drink them in the summer.
9. NO heartburn --- I have never experienced heartburn before and my husband deals with it frequently. Let me just say that I completely underestimated its power. They say babies give heartburn to you if he/she has hair... Well if that's the case -- Hallie will come out with hair that I can put in an up-do.
10. This one is not as funny. I miss RUNNING. I cannot wait to go outside (100 degrees or more) and run around the neighborhood. I mean, I actually have motivation to workout and run when I am able. I am not saying this won't go away, but right now I long for it. :)
I hope you enjoyed my list!
For those of you that have never been pregnant and I scared you out of ever trying - don't let that be the case! Mother's Day is coming up and to think that I will either see my baby girl or be close to that is the best thought ever. It trumps everything else I mentioned!