Sunday, September 19, 2010

"The Lord Made This, Therefore I Eat" Sunday

Every blog seems to have a weekly theme to look forward to. I wasn't going to do it. I'd like to say it was because I was defying the system or trying to be different... here is the real reason. 


I am not creative


So, to help this situation, I took a break from my Teacher Work Sample to brainstorm. From now on, I'd like to refer to my TWS as "chocolate chip cookies." Why, you ask? Well TWS is a student teacher's worst nightmare. It's a, roughly, 30-page written document about how we teach during the semester. There is a lot more to it, but I won't bore you with details. 


Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite food. As a teacher, I realize I shouldn't capitalize chocolate chip cookies, but because of my love for them, I feel as if it has stepped up and become a proper noun. If you don't know about proper nouns, see me. 


So, to make my TWS seem more appealing every night, I call it my chocolate chip cookies. It's a mental trick on my brain to think that I am just working on my cookies in the oven. MMMMMMMmmmmm. 


Unfortunately, it isn't a very good trick. As I write, I start to realize I cannot smell my Chocolate Chip Cookies. Maybe JJ will buy me a candle. 


Ok, I got off topic. As I strayed from working on Chocolate Chip Cookies, I figured out what I wanted my theme to be. 


I try to eat very healthy throughout the week. Does it work? Ehh, questionable. But I try. And I have a weekly workout routine as many people do. So, I decided that on Sunday, I could have something I wanted. It is the Lord's Day, and the Lord has created everything on Earth that is good. I don't see why, on HIS day, HE would want me to deny my cravings for wonderful food. Afterall, portion control is more important than what I eat. Too bad my definition of portion control is way off base. Oh well.


Disclaimer: In no way am I making fun of the Lord's Day... I am a regular church attender and a big, big fan of the Big Man Upstairs. He definitely gets the capital letters. 




So welcome to my first thematic day of Tales of a Clementine. It will be entitled "The Lord Made This, Therefore I Eat" Sunday. Please enjoy - even if you dive into something "bad for you," know that it's Sunday. And you can join in on the fun. Let me know how it goes. 


Today's Lord's Day food that I wanted to eat is from The Pioneer Woman. Have you heard of her? Oh, I love Ree Drummond. I have the cookbook that is SIGNED by her thanks to my sister Kelli. I have made almost everything in that book more than once, and some things.... 100 times. She is absolutely wonderful. I recommend it to all who enjoy food, photography, and laughing. So that is probably just about every one of you. 


I will wait no further.... 

The CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SWEET ROLL. 

Literally, eat your heart out. Well, not OUT. But eat your love of chocolate away. Recipes on her website. :)


Now, if I could only figure out what a teaspoon was... (kidding, mostly)

2 comments:

  1. Did you actually make these?! I'm SO impressed if you did, and if you didn't it's okay because I'm just impressed with the name.
    Leighton and I had a deep dish macadamia nut cookie sundae today. Happy Sunday (sundae) to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au contraire, Linzi; I think you are quite creative! And I am a huge fan of Pioneer Woman too and have made lot of tasty recipes from her blog. Plus she is a hilarious blogger! Shelley Crews

    ReplyDelete