Saturday, May 7, 2011

How I'm Learning...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mommies and mommies-to-be. Today I got my very first Mother's Day Recognition from Chick-fil-a in the mall. A lady handed me a pretty cream-colored carnation and told me Happy Mother's Day... and truthfully, this was the first time it truly sank in. I am, basically, a mommy. Hallie may not be visually here, but she's here and has changed my entire life. As most mom's probably are at first, I think the thought of being responsible for an infant is terrifying at times. There are two (and even more than that including grandmothers) women have unknowingly prepared me in the best way possible. 


Meet Bev (my mommmma). Those of you that know her - meet her again.



She is beautiful - both inside and out. She has great taste in many things, of which I attribute my attention to detail. She is very funny, very caring, very comforting, very happy, very loving, and most of all a very wonderful role model. I can't imagine how it was raising two GIRLS... especially through high school and teenage years. (Let's face it ladies - we were all brats) But this woman did it with such grace and never-ending energy that I only can dream of having half of. The patience it took to raise me was probably more than I could ever imagine and I am so proud to call this beautiful lady my mom. I love you so much, Mom, and it's because of the way you and Dad raised me that makes me feel even the slightest ease about being a mom very soon. I have a lot more to learn, so be ready to teach. :) 

Now, meet Jan. (my MIL)


This is a special picture from the wedding. :) She is also beautiful on the inside and out as well! From horror stories from movies or other people, I am considering myself incredibly blessed to have this woman as a MIL. She is such a great lady and so much fun to be around. I have no complaints and enjoy every time I get to spend with her! She has also become a great role model in many ways, and I can't wait to see how much more I learn from her now. She has raised two wonderful kids, one that I married, and I know they both look up to her as well. Could I be anymore blessed? Thank you Father! I love you lots, Jan, and as I said before - I have a lot to learn so be ready to teach. :) Happy Mother's Day!

I will leave you with a verse that I think explains these two women well and what I feel describes the kinds of women and mothers God wants us to be. Please read it and either think of your own mommy or woman in your life, or think about how you can be that way for your family. What great lessons our Father teaches us daily - even when rereading a scripture. 

    Proverbs 31:10-12 and 25-31 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
    Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
    She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
    She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
    She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
    She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
    Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
    "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
    Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment